Tuesday, October 27, 2015

God's time and not our own

The other day we recognized our baby girl turning 7 months old! Wow, that happened fast. It always amazes me how slow a day can go by, but before you know it another year has passed..




Oh the look of adventure! Not long from now she will really be on the move. Right now she reaches destinations through rolls, pivots and scoots, but soon I wont be able to take my eyes off of her for a second ;)

The other day a red button topic (for me) was brought up.. and not for the first time (nor the last). I am always shocked to hear the opinion of many that myself and my family are very busy (too busy). Which I wont deny that two children 2 and under definitely keeps me on my toes. And living in a house that we are slowly trying to renovate and put our own thumbprint on gives us a never ending list of projects. But honestly, I love it!! I never have a dull moment. And in this busy season of life God has given me many gracious reminders that I NEED my savior, Jesus Christ! But still people seem to feel the need to insert their opinion, whether it is that we need to be done having kids, that we need to wait awhile to have more kids, or just simply judging us for having two kids 18 months apart... I can only smile. It may seem undesirable to some but I absolutely love it!! And how could I not??


These two already love each other so much!! And what a blessing to have a best friend to grow up with!! I am so thankful to The Lord for these two. For preparing both mine and Spencer's heart for a second child so soon... and giving us a desire for more children to train up in Him. I honestly don't know when more children will come along. Sure we have our own timeline that is ideal... but we live knowing that God is in control. If he chooses to give us another baby before then we will rejoice. If He chooses to wait longer than our desire we rejoice. We are thankful for the babies He has given us. And we will continue to seek Him and pray about more.


For I know the plans I have for you, declared the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. 
Jeremiah 29:11-13



No comments:

Post a Comment